Top-Rated Table Lamps Best For Home Study
Table lamps are an essential piece of furniture for every student. Although daylight is said to be the best source of lighting, study lamps make studying at night or evening more convenient by providing focused illumination, and a non-disturbing environment all the while saving electricity. Insufficient or harsh lighting can cause eyestrain and headache. To make studying for long hours a stress-free task it’s important to choose the right table lamp that is best suited to your needs and is worth your money.
Confused about whether you should buy an electric or an LED table lamp? Well, we’ve combined a list of the best table lamps for study purposes, along with the pros and cons of each. Make sure you read the article till the end to know the important things you should keep in mind before purchasing a desk lamp.
Flexible Clip-on LED Reading Light**Best for Travelling**
Pigeon T Blaze Rechargeable LED Study Lamp**Best Overall**
Electric Study Table Lamp**Best Budget Lamp**
Wipro is a leading Indian brand in lighting & technology. The 6W Garnet LED table lamp possesses a simplistic look but is packed with multiple useful features such as touch sensitivity, ambient and cool lighting, flexibility and much more. Here are some of the pros & cons of this lamp.
- 3 Grade Dimming: Allows you to adjust brightness on 3 levels according to comfort
- Colour Changing: Lighting can be adjusted to Cool, Neutral & Warm, making it soothing to the eye.
- Electric cord: Long power cord that rids you of the battery hassles
- Flexibility: Flexible neck of the lamp allows you to bend & focus the light right where you need
- Not Very Durable: The lamp is super lightweight and needs to be handled with care as it can easily suffer damage upon hitting the ground.
- Not Portable: Since the lamp works on an electric cord it can only be used in proximity to a power socket.
- No Colour Choices: It’s only available in white colour which may fail to match the overall aesthetic of the room.
Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: Rs 699
A lamp, a phone and a pencil holder all in one. If you have a cluttered or a small desk and need a lamp that lightens and also savesspace, this might be the one. The phone holder makes it a convenient option for students. It is ideal for studying, painting or working. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this lamp:
- Bright Light: Optimum lighting to study easily at any time of the day. The light is bright enough to even lighten up a room.
- Flexible: 360-degree flexible gooseneck that can be adjusted however you like.
- Rechargeable & Portable: The lamp doesn’t depend on electricity and works on rechargeable batteries
- Night Lamp Option: The study lamp doubles as a night lamp with soft light in night lamp mode.
- Prone to Battery Issues: A lot of users complained of battery problems such as long charging time and dwindling battery life.
- Lightweight: The lamp does not have a good balance, is not sturdy and tends to fall easily until weighed down.
Overall Rating: 3/5
Bulfyss USB Flexible Reading LED Light Clip-on **Best for Travelling**
This may not possess the looks of a typical table lamp like others but this reading light is a popular product that has received tonnes of positive reviews. Moreover, this is a great option for readers who are also travellers. The direct light promotes a non-disturbing environment while providing ample lighting for you to read or work.
- USB Charging: Can be plugged into your laptop/power bank/USB adapter
- Supreme Build Quality: Sturdy and unbreakable plastic and doesn’t slip off when clipped on.
- Lightweight & Portable: Impressively compact. Makes reading feasible & enjoyable while travelling too.
- Versatile: Can be clipped onto a book, laptop and other surfaces without causing scratches.
- Not Rechargeable: Needs a constant power source while in usage
- Single Brightness Mode: The light beam is not harsh, however, there is no option to adjust the brightness
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Pigeon T Blaze Rechargeable LED Study Lamp **Best Overall**
Price: Rs 1,149
If you’re planning on investing in a lamp for long-term purposes, this one checks the box. The Pigeon T Blaze lamp can be used with or without connecting to a power source. With 28pcs of LEDs, the total wattage comes to 14W, thus imparting abundant lighting that can be tuned to your needs as well. Take a look at the pros & cons of this lamp to know if it’s the right choice for you.
- 3 Colour Modes: Easy on the eyes because it comes with a dial to modify the temperature of the light to Warm, Natural & Cool White.
- 360 Degree Neck: Metal gooseneck that can be twisted any way you desire.
- Emergency Light: No power? No worries. The emergency backup power proves helpful in unexpected cases of a power failure and supplies decent light.
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: 1200mAh battery that can easily be charged via your computer/laptop or power bank. The lamp doesn’t need constant power and can be used for long hours after charging.
- Good Design: Robust & minimalist design with a marvellous build quality.
- No Brightness Modes: Although the lamp imparts good lighting and changeable colour modes, it does not give an option to increase or decrease the brightness.
Overall Rating: 5/5
Avigna Table Lamp for Study **Best Budget Lamp**
Price: Rs 255
The classic bulb lamp that all of us had in childhood. This one brings nostalgia along with great lighting. Battery operated lamps can prove to be troublesome in many cases. However, that won’t be the case with this one. You can choose or replace the led bulb with whatever colour of lighting you desire.
- Made to Last: Unlike all the other lamps, the LED bulb can be replaced over and again making it exceedingly sustainable.
- Economical: High value & good quality product at a reasonable price makes it a worthy investment.
- Colour Options: White and green, both of which look tasteful and sophisticated on the desk space.
- Flexible Neck & Sturdy Base: High resistance to damage, fully adjustable neck and maintains good balance.
- Takes Space: The lamp may not be suitable for very small desks as it occupies space.
- Bulb Not Included: You will be required to buy a bulb separately if you choose to go for this lamp.
Overall Rating: 5/5
Before you settle on one of the lamps, here are some of the factors you should keep in mind while making this important purchase:
Which type of table lamp is best for study?
Pigeon T Blaze Rechargeable LED Study Lamp is the best lamp for students. It's rechargeable, portable and flexible. Moreover, you can adjust the colour of the lighting. It is priced at around Rs 1000 and is a worthy investment.
Is LED light good for studying?
Yes, LEDs are a viable option for students. LEDs are more long-lasting and consume far less energy as compared to bulbs. Most LED lamps also come with the option to adjust the brightness, hence are more versatile as well.
Which light is better for studying: yellow or white?
Usually, white light is recommended for studying. However, yellow or warm lighting is more suitable for studying at night as it reduces strain on the eyes.
Is it good to study under a table lamp?
Yes, although daylight is the best kind of light for studying, a good study lamp works just as fine. Make sure to study under bright lights.